Endowment & Planned Giving
Keys School is committed to being a lasting community resource for generations of students to come, a challenging proposition given the soaring cost of living in the Bay Area. Accordingly, Keys' ability to keep tuition manageable and ensure economic diversity among our student base, while continuing to attract and maintain the highest quality faculty to teach our children, is largely dependent upon building up a healthy endowment.
An endowment is a permanent fund that "gives back" a portion of its annual earnings to the operating budget and provides a long-term strategy for securing the school's future.
About Keys' Endowment
In 2003, Keys School established the General Endowment Fund. To date, generous contributions earmarked for endowment have grown the Keys' General Endowment Fund to nearly $750,000!
The General Endowment Fund encompasses:
- General: Academic, cultural and general needs of the school, as well as unforeseen financial expenses as they occur.
- Community-Based Learning: Keys' outdoor education program, community service, athletics and field trip experiences.
- Financial Aid: Makes it possible for qualified students with financial limitations to be part of the Keys community.
- Technology: Enables the school to stay abreast of advances in computer and science technology and upgrade equipment as necessary.
- The Harriet Korn Endowment: Supports faculty professional development and parent education activities, as well as the school's ability to provide competitive faculty compensation and benefits.
Gifts to the General Endowment Fund are encouraged throughout the year, and are an ideal way to commemorate a student graduation or other life-cycle event.
To give into the future, consider one of many planned giving options, which help you balance your personal financial goals and your charitable interests, while realizing valuable tax benefits. There are many types of gifts, which provide for the school and your family now and into the future. From bequests through a will, to charitable remainder trusts and gift annuities, there is something to suit every situation. For any planned gift, consult your tax professional to determine what is right for you.
For more information about giving to Keys or the General Endowment Fund, please contact the Development Office at (650) 328-1711.